Telegram 2 Elastic is a Telegram client which writes all chat messages to an Elasticsearch instance in realtime.
With the data stored in Elasticsearch, you can use applications like Kibana or Grafana to visualize the chats. Or you may use it as a much better search engine compared to the one implemented in the available Telegram clients.
- Python 3.x
- Elasticsearch (tested with Elasticsearch 7.x but other versions should also work)
- Telegram API ID and API Hash (create one at my.telegram.org)
- Download the latest release
- Install the required Python modules using pip:
pip3 install -r requirements.txt
- Copy the provided config.sample.yml to config.yml and edit it to fit your needs
When started for the first time, the application will ask you to connect with your Telegram account.
Available sub commands
listen- Listen for chat messages and write them to the configured Elasticsearch instance
import-history- Import the chat history (the complete history or only for specific chats or a specific time range)
list-chats- List available chats